Alexander's Care of the Patient in Surgery
Extreame Savings Item! Save 43% on the Alexander's Care of the Patient in Surgery by Brand: Mosby at Spring Brook Audio. MPN: 1,250 illus.. Hurry! Limited time offer. Offer valid only while supplies last. For more than 65 years, Alexander's Care of the Patient in Surgery has been a trusted source for detailed information on perioperative nursing.
For more than 65 years, Alexander's Care of the Patient in Surgery
has been a trusted source for detailed information on perioperative nursing. Well-known author and educator Jane C. Rothrock sets up a solid foundation for practice, and offers step-by-step instructions for over 400 surgical interventions as well as many minimally invasive surgical procedures, all backed by the latest research. More than 1,000 full-color illustrations and photos depict procedures and methods, as well as surgical anatomy and instrumentation. This edition adds Rapid Response Team
boxes with suggested interventions, plus coverage of new trends in patient and staff safety, the increase in interventional radiology, and the growth of outpatient ambulatory surgery. Alexander's
gives you the tools you need to provide safe, cost-effective, high-quality patient care.
- Cutting-edge information keeps you up to date with the latest technological advances related to surgical procedures, both invasive and non-invasive, including areas such as interventional radiology.
- 1,250 full-color illustrations and photos show surgical anatomy, instrumentation, procedures, and methods.
- Over 400 specialty surgical interventions are included, as well as many minimally invasive surgical procedures.
- A full-color design highlights special features and makes it easier to focus on essential concepts.
- Patient and Family Education boxes include specific guidelines for preprocedural and postprocedural care, side effects and complications, home care, discharge/follow-up care, psychosocial care, and referrals.
- Surgical Pharmacology tables summarize and offer quick reference to the drugs most commonly used for specific surgical procedures, including generic and trade names, purpose/description, and pharmacokinetics.
- Patient Safety boxes highlight recent Joint Commission initiatives and important safety topics.
- Evidence for Practice boxes apply scientific research to perioperative nursing.
- Research Highlight boxes provide the latest research and apply it to patient care.
- History boxes summarize significant historical events related to surgery and perioperative nursing.
- A clear and consistent chapter format makes it easy to find information, including general discussions of surgical anatomy and perioperative nursing considerations followed by more specific discussions of procedural considerations and operative procedure for each surgical intervention.
- Sample plans of care include nursing diagnosis, outcome, and interventions, linking specific interventions to clearly identified outcomes.
- An emphasis on workplace safety includes recent OSHA guidelines, and helps you recognize and address an unsafe work environment.
- Comprehensive discussions of Perioperative Nursing Considerations cover Assessment, Nursing Diagnosis, Outcome Identification, Planning, Implementation, Evaluation, Patient and Family Education and Discharge Planning.
- Coverage of emergency preparedness and bioterrorism helps you know what to look for and how to handle different situations.
- Coverage of cross-specialty areas includes special considerations for pediatric, geriatric, and trauma surgeries, as well as interventional radiology, complementary and alternative therapy, plus workplace issues and staff safety.
- Expanded Evolve website now includes new printable flashcards, OR Live links, and AHRQ case studies, and continues to have medical animations, surgical instrumentation photos, content updates, patient and family education tables, and surgical pharmacology tables.
- Patient Safety and Risk Management chapter addresses growing concerns for patient safety and liability within the OR, including issues related to documentation, legal issues, and patients' rights.
- Interventional Radiology chapter covers the patient care needs associated with outpatient procedures done via scopes.
- Workplace Issues and Staff Safety chapter explores how a positive workplace can improve morale, safety, and productivity.
- Ambulatory Surgery Considerations boxes highlight information related to outpatient surgery.
- Risk Reduction Strategies boxes describe ways to minimize negative outcomes in the perioperative setting.
- Unique Rapid Response Team boxes suggest ways to intervene earlier in critical situations with the goal of preventing an emergency crisis response.
- Unique pharmacology index provides a quick and easy reference to drug information.
|Part Number:||1,250 illus.|
|Item Weight:||6.53 pounds|
|Item Size:||2.25 x 11 x 11 inches|
|Package Weight:||6.53 pounds|
|Package Size:||8.9 x 2.05 x 2.05 inches|
Have questions about this item, or would like to inquire about a custom or bulk order?
If you have any questions about this product by Brand: Mosby, contact us by completing and submitting the form below. If you are looking for a specif part number, please include it with your message.
Related Best Sellers
By Brand: McGraw-Hill
ean: 9780658008573, isbn: 0658008579,
Just what non-Spanish-speaking nurses need As the Hispanic population within the United States rises, medical personnel are increasingly faced with the challenge of communicating with Spanish-speaking patients--but without effective means of language...
By CA Sinkinson & Sons, LLC
ean: 9780981971537, isbn: 0981971539,
Medical Spanish: A Family Doc's Guide, Special Audio Edition is the most extensive Medical Spanish resource ever created for family medicine. At 688 pages, it is so complete, those who practice family medicine will never want to work without it again...
By Tantor Audio
When bipolar disorder afflicts the person you love, you suffer too. How have other couples learned to manage the relationship strains caused by this illness? What can you do to provide your partner with truly helpful nurturance and support? No one ca...
By Brooks / Cole
ean: 9780895824172, isbn: 0895824175,
This cutting edge textbook not only covers the areas of administration in teaching and coaching, but also sports medicine, exercise science, adult fitness, sports management, and general administration....
By Mometrix Media LLC
ean: 9781609712723, isbn: 1609712722,
***Includes Practice Test Questions*** Get the test prep help you need to be successful on the Neonatal CCRN test. The Neonatal CCRN Exam is extremely challenging and thorough test preparation is essential for success. Neonatal CCRN Exam Secrets Stud...
ean: 9780071439862, isbn: 0071439862,
THE QUICKEST ROUTE TO LEARNING HOW TO COMMUNICATE WITH SPANISH-SPEAKING PATIENTS--NOW AVAILABLE IN CD FORMAT! Much more than mere phrase books, these book/CD packages arm health care providers with the tools they need to communicate confidently with ...
By Hachette Audio
ean: 9781607886198, isbn: 1607886197,
Safe Haven on cd...
By Mometrix Media LLC
ean: 9781609712709, isbn: 1609712706,
This Adult CCRN study guide includes Adult CCRN practice test questions. Our Adult CCRN study guide contains easy-to-read essential summaries that highlight the key areas of the Adult CCRN test. Mometrix's Adult CCRN test study guide reviews the most...
By Audible Studios
Caring for the wounded of the First World War was tough and challenging work, demanding extensive knowledge, technical skill, and high levels of commitment. Although allied nurses were admired in their own time for their altruism and courage, their i...
By Books on Tape
Since the time of the ancient Greeks, human beings have believed that hope is essential to life. Now, in this groundbreaking book, Harvard Medical School professor and
New Yorker staff writer Jerome Groopman shows us why.
The search for hope is mo...