Build Great Apps: End-to-End Processes, Tools, and Management Tips for Doing It Right! Foreword by Kyle Richter, CEO, MartianCraft
Today, successful apps are complex software projects. You can’t just knock them off in a weekend--and, worse, many common programming habits don’t work well in mobile. You need skills, processes, tools, management techniques, and best practices that are honed for mobile platforms and realities. In App Accomplished
, top mobile developer Carl Brown provides all that--so you can run your entire project effectively and get the answers you need right now.
Whether you’re writing your own code or contracting out, you’ll find hard-won guidance for your entire app development life cycle. Brown guides you step-by-step from planning and design through testing and updates. Through case studies drawn from his immense experience, he reveals why so many app projects fail--and how to avoid the mistakes that derailed them.
When it comes to apps, a great idea isn’t enough: You have to execute. This is the first book that shows you how.
- Understand mobile-specific issues that lead even experienced developers astray
- Find developers who can do a great job with your unique app at a fair price
- Define the requirements you need to create accurate schedules and budgets
- Work with developers to get the best possible results
- Manage and communicate effectively to avoid cost overruns
- Solve problems before they get out of control
- Develop wireframes and prototypes that clarify the user’s core experience
- Choose app components, from servers to data storage
- Select tools for source control, testing, project tracking, and more
- Identify and fill crucial skills gaps
- Estimate the quality of the app you’re building
- Efficiently test and debug your app
- Recover from App Store rejection
- Leverage user feedback to help plan your next release
- Determine when an existing project is too far off course to fix
|Item Weight:||0 pounds|
|Item Size:||1 x 8.9 x 8.9 inches|
|Package Weight:||1.15 pounds|
|Package Size:||6 x 1 x 1 inches|
Have questions about this item, or would like to inquire about a custom or bulk order?
If you have any questions about this product by Addison-Wesley Professional, contact us by completing and submitting the form below. If you are looking for a specif part number, please include it with your message.
By Que Publishing
ean: 9780789750648, isbn: 0789750643,
FULL COLOR Covers iTunes 11 and iCloud for Mac andWindows Make the most of iTunes® or iCloud®–without being a technical expert! This book is the fastest way to use iTunes and iCloud to enjoy your media anywhere you go, on any iPhone®, iPad®,...
By For Dummies
ean: 9781118508640, isbn: 1118508645,
Get going with your iPod & iTunes and this perennial bestseller - now in full-color! iPod & iTunes For Dummies is the ultimate beginner's guide for getting started with your iPod and Apple's iTunes service. Now in its tenth edition, this helpful gu...