Applied Underwater Acoustics meets the needs of scientists and engineers working in underwater acoustics and graduate students solving problems in, and preparing theses on, topics in underwater acoustics. The book is structured to provide the basis for rapidly assimilating the essential underwater acoustic knowledge base for practical application to daily research and analysis.
Each chapter of the book is self-supporting and focuses on a single topic and its relation to underwater acoustics. The chapters start with a brief description of the topic’s physical background, necessary definitions, and a short description of the applications, along with a roadmap to the chapter. The subtopics covered within individual subchapters include most frequently used equations that describe the topic. Equations are not derived, rather, assumptions behind equations and limitations on the applications of each equation are emphasized. Figures, tables, and illustrations related to the sub-topic are presented in an easy-to-use manner, and examples on the use of the equations, including appropriate figures and tables are also included.
- Provides a complete and up-to-date treatment of all major subjects of underwater acoustics
- Presents chapters written by recognized experts in their individual field
- Covers the fundamental knowledge scientists and engineers need to solve problems in underwater acoustics
- Illuminates, in shorter sub-chapters, the modern applications of underwater acoustics that are described in worked examples
- Demands no prior knowledge of underwater acoustics, and the physical principles and mathematics are designed to be readily understood by scientists, engineers, and graduate students of underwater acoustics
- Includes a comprehensive list of literature references for each chapter
|Item Size:||1.93 x 9.25 x 9.25 inches|
|Package Weight:||3.26 pounds|
|Package Size:||7.32 x 1.18 x 1.18 inches|
Have questions about this item, or would like to inquire about a custom or bulk order?
If you have any questions about this product by Neighbors Thomas, contact us by completing and submitting the form below. If you are looking for a specif part number, please include it with your message.
By Brand: American Water Works Assn
ean: 9781583217788, isbn: 1583217789,
This college text introduces the science of water treatment and distribution. Chapters cover mathematics, hydraulics, chemistry, and electricity. Includes calculations, formulas, applications, and theory. Part four of a five-volume series on drinking...
ean: 9781119230694, isbn: 1119230691,
The sounds produced by geophonic, biophonic and technophonic sources are relevant to the function of natural and human modified ecosystems. Passive recording is one of the most non-invasive technologies as its use avoids human intrusion during acoust...