Audiovisual translation is the fastest growing strand within translation studies.
This book addresses the need for more robust theoretical frameworks to investigate emerging text- types, address new methodological challenges (including the compilation, analysis and reproduction of audiovisual data), and understand new discourse communities bound together by the production and consumption of audiovisual texts.
In this clear, user- friendly book, Luis Pérez-González introduces and explores the field, presenting and critiquing key concepts, research models and methodological approaches.
• introductory overviews at the beginning of each chapter, outlining aims and relevant connections with other chapters
• breakout boxes showcasing key concepts, research case studies or other relevant links to the wider field of translation studies
• examples of audiovisual texts in a range of languages with back translation support when required
• summaries reinforcing key issues dealt with in each chapter
• follow- up questions for further study
• core references and suggestions for further reading.
• additional online resources on an extensive companion website
This will be an essential text for all students studying audiovisual or screen translation at postgraduate or advanced undergraduate level and key reading for all researchers working in the area.
|Part Number:||47 black & white illustrations, 3 black|
|MPN:||47 black & white illustrations, 3 black|
|Item Weight:||0 pounds|
|Item Size:||1 x 9.25 x 9.25 inches|
|Package Weight:||1.54 pounds|
|Package Size:||6.22 x 1.02 x 1.02 inches|
Have questions about this item, or would like to inquire about a custom or bulk order?
If you have any questions about this product by Routledge, contact us by completing and submitting the form below. If you are looking for a specif part number, please include it with your message.
By Libraries Unlimited
ean: 9781591586357, isbn: 1591586356,
Society's love affair with information has led to a proliferation of media that shows no sign of abating. Not surprisingly, such materials constitute an increasingly vital part of any library's collection, and a particular and ongoing challenge to ...
By Libraries Unlimited
ean: 9781440850196, isbn: 1440850194,
This inspiring exploration of the range of options for a "library of things" collection demonstrates what has been implemented successfully and offers practical insights regarding these nontraditional projects, from the development of concepts to the...