A complete, hands-on guide to building and maintaining large Apache Hadoop clusters using Cloudera Manager and CDH5
About This Book
- Understand the CDH architecture and its components and successfully set up a Hadoop cluster
- Maintain, troubleshoot, and secure your cluster using Cloudera Manager
- Easy-to-follow administrator's guide with step-by-step explanations to help you master Apache Hadoop
Who This Book Is For
This book is great for administrators interested in setting up and managing a large Hadoop cluster. If you are an administrator, or want to be an administrator, and you are ready to build and maintain a production-level cluster running CDH5, then this book is for you.
What You Will Learn
- Understand the Apache Hadoop architecture and the future of distributed processing frameworks
- Use HDFS and MapReduce for all file-related operations
- Install and configure CDH to bring up an Apache Hadoop cluster
- Configure HDFS High Availability and HDFS Federation to prevent single points of failure
- Install and configure Cloudera Manager to perform administrator operations
- Implement security by installing and configuring Kerberos for all services in the cluster
- Add, remove, and rebalance nodes in a cluster using cluster management tools
- Understand and configure the different backup options to back up your HDFS
Apache Hadoop is an open source distributed computing technology that assists users in processing large volumes of data with relative ease, helping them to generate tremendous insights into their data. Cloudera, with their open source distribution of Hadoop, has made data analytics on big data possible and accessible to anyone interested.
This book fully prepares you to be a Hadoop administrator, with special emphasis on Cloudera's CDH. It provides step-by-step instructions on setting up and managing a robust Hadoop cluster running CDH5. This book will also equip you with an understanding of tools such as Cloudera Manager, which is currently being used by many companies to manage Hadoop clusters with hundreds of nodes. You will learn how to set up security using Kerberos. You will also use Cloudera Manager to set up alerts and events that will help you monitor and troubleshoot cluster issues.
|Manufacturer:||Packt Publishing - ebooks Account|
|Part Number:||black & white illustrations|
|Publisher:||Packt Publishing - ebooks Account|
|Studio:||Packt Publishing - ebooks Account|
|MPN:||black & white illustrations|
|Item Weight:||0.97 pounds|
|Item Size:||0.58 x 9.25 x 9.25 inches|
|Package Weight:||1.24 pounds|
|Package Size:||7.5 x 0.58 x 0.58 inches|
Have questions about this item, or would like to inquire about a custom or bulk order?
If you have any questions about this product by Packt Publishing - ebooks Account, contact us by completing and submitting the form below. If you are looking for a specif part number, please include it with your message.
By Brand: Morgan Kaufmann
ean: 9780124157965, isbn: 0124157963,
Introduction to Data Compression, Fourth Edition, is a concise and comprehensive guide to the art and science of data compression. This new edition includes all the cutting edge updates the reader will need during the work day and in class. It provid...
By Morgan Kaufmann
ean: 9780128094747, isbn: 0128094745,
Introduction to Data Compression, Fifth Edition, builds on the success of what is widely considered the best introduction and reference text on the art and science of data compression. Data compression techniques and technology are ever-evolving wit...
ean: 9780124171121, isbn: 0124171125,
Discover Digital Libraries: Theory and Practice is a book that integrates both research and practice concerning digital library development, use, preservation, and evaluation. The combination of current research and practical guidelines is a unique s...