Product Description & Reviews
Essentials of U.S. Governance for Foreign Diplomats and Embassy Staff
As a foreign diplomat or embassy staff member based in the United States, you need a good understanding of the U.S. government to work effectively. This three-part series of courses introduces you to the structure of the three branches of government, the dynamics of Congress, and federal rulemaking and the federal regulatory process.
Part I: The U.S. Government in a Nutshell:
- Historical overview of the U.S. government
- Learn about the executive, legislative, and judicial branches of the federal government--their roles and relationships
- How federal agencies work and what they do
- How the federal government differs from state government
Part II: The Dynamics of the Legislative Process
- The three elements that drive Congress: politics, policy, and procedure
- The structure and organization of Congress
- Committees--Congress at work
- How a bill becomes a law
Part III: The Federal Regulatory Process
- Rulemaking, types of rules, and the purposes of rulemaking procedures
- Elements of proposed and final rulemaking notices
- What happens inside the agency and the public's role in the process
- Informal processes that influence rulemaking
- The Office of Management & Budget's role in the regulatory process
Total run time: 279 minutes. Includes course materials.
Three (3) Capitol Learning Audio Courses on one (1) CD, mp3 format, from TheCapitol Net.
We help you understand Washington and Congress. TM
Features & Highlights
Have questions about this item, or would like to inquire about a custom or bulk order?
If you have any questions about this product, contact us by completing and submitting the form below. If you are looking for a specif part number, please include it with your message.