Providing both a comprehensive language skills course and a wealth of practice for all sections of the test, the Longman Introductory Course for the TOEFL® Test: IBT, by Deborah Phillips, gives intermediate students (scores of 450 to 520 on the paper TOEFL® Test or 45 to 70 on the TOEFL® iBT) all the tools they need to begin to prepare for the TOEFL® iBT integrated-skills test. Upon completion of the Introductory Course , students are ready to handle the more advanced material in Longman Preparation Course for the TOEFL® Test: IBT.
Note: You must have the Audio CDs to use the listening material (the Skills Practice, the Mini-Tests, the Complete Tests, and the TOEFL®-level Test) in the textbook. The audio material on the CD-ROM is different from that on the audio CDs. Click here to purchase the Audio CDs.
The Student Book features:
- Updated material for all the new types of passages and questions on the test.
- Diagnostic pre-tests and post-tests that allow students to identify strengths and weaknesses and assess improvement in each section.
- Practice sections for the four skills:
- Reading provides practice exercises in the new test formats, including filling in a table or chart and paraphrasing.
- Listening provides authentic conversations between two people in an academic setting and academic lectures with new questions about a speaker’s attitude or purpose.
- Speaking includes personal and expository tasks and integrated tasks.
- Writing consists of expository and integrated tasks: reading/listening/writing.
- Four mini-tests that preview the test’s integrated four-skills format.
- One complete introductory-level practice test.
- One TOEFL®-level test.
The CD-ROM features:
- Completely different material from that in the Student Book.
- Practice sections for all parts of the test, including speaking.
- Four mini-tests.
- One complete introductory-level practice test and one TOEFL®-level test.
- Pop-up explanations for all items on the CD-ROM.
- Easy-to-use scoring and record-keeping to monitor progress.
- New "send" feature that allows electroninc submisson of results, reports, and spoken and written responses.
|Manufacturer:||Pearson Education ESL|
|Publisher:||Pearson Education ESL|
|Studio:||Pearson Education ESL|
|Item Weight:||2.24 pounds|
|Item Size:||0.99 x 10.75 x 10.75 inches|
|Package Weight:||2.1 pounds|
|Package Size:||8.2 x 1.2 x 1.2 inches|
Have questions about this item, or would like to inquire about a custom or bulk order?
If you have any questions about this product by Pearson Education ESL, contact us by completing and submitting the form below. If you are looking for a specif part number, please include it with your message.
By Brand: Cambridge University Press
ean: 9780521677042, isbn: 0521677041,
Cambridge IELTS 5 provides students with an excellent opportunity to familiarise themselves with IELTS and to practise examination techniques using authentic test material. These CDs contain the audio material for four listening papers in the same ti...
By The Great Courses The Teaching Company
ean: 9781629970684, isbn: 1629970689,
There's an art and science behind how doctors diagnose and treat medical patients. Where do doctors get these skills? The Grand Rounds experience, where they practice how to make accurate diagnoses by examining real patients. And with Dr. Benaroch'...