Poetry Speaks: Hear Great Poets Read Their Work from Tennyson to Plath (Book and 3 Audio CDs)
Poetry Speaks: Hear Great Poets Read Their Work from Tennyson to Plath (Book and 3 Audio CDs) by Brand: Sourcebooks MediaFusion at Spring Brook Audio. Hurry! Limited time offer. Offer valid only while supplies last. Poetry Speaks features the work of the most influential writers in modern poetry-written and performed-from 1892 to 1997. This book combines their
The power of spoken poetry is at the heart of Poetry Speaks. Poetry is a vocal art, an art meant to be read aloud. Listening to a poem read aloud can be a transforming experience. Poetry Speaks not only introduces the finest work from some of the greatest poets who ever lived, it reintroduces the oral tradition of poetry.
Poetry Speaks features over 40 poets in chapters each containing:
• The poems that are read by the poet on the audio CD
• Additional poems in print form to allow the reader to further explore the poet
• A short biography and photo of each poet
• Original manuscripts and letters for most of the featured poets
• An original essay for each poet written by today’s most influential poets, a veritable Who’s Who of poetry, including: Seamus Heaney on W.B. Yeats; Richard Wilbur on Robert Frost; Mark Strand on Wallace Stevens; Jorie Graham on Elizabeth Bishop; Glyn Maxwell on Dylan Thomas; and Rita Dove on Melvin B. Tolson.
Poetry Speaks-combining the talents of great poets past and living, their words written and spoken-is the most ambitious, comprehensive and innovative poetry project to be published in years, and is sure to be the model for collections to come.
|Brand:||Brand: Sourcebooks MediaFusion|
|Item Weight:||3.25 pounds|
|Item Size:||1.38 x 10.5 x 10.5 inches|
|Package Weight:||3.25 pounds|
|Package Size:||9.3 x 1.5 x 1.5 inches|