Positively Resilient: 5½ Secrets to Beat Stress, Overcome Obstacles, and Defeat Anxiety
Positively Resilient: 5½ Secrets to Beat Stress, Overcome Obstacles, and Defeat Anxiety by Blackstone Audio, Inc. at Spring Brook Audio. Hurry! Limited time offer. Offer valid only while supplies last. What is resilience? Is it just a fancy way to characterize a hopeful, upbeat personality, or a positive spirit of never giving up? In Positively
What is resilience? Is it just a fancy way to characterize a hopeful, upbeat personality, or a positive spirit of never giving up? In Positively Resilient, Doug Hensch aims to take a different look at what turns out to be a much richer and deeper concept than just bouncing back from adversity.
Martin Seligman, considered the father of positive psychology, has likened resilience to clearing the weeds from a rose garden, which can reach its potential only if the weeds are kept in check. Human beings face "weeds" of their own: layoffs, health issues, stock-market crashes, threats of terrorism, and natural disasters are all too common. Americans are busier, more stressed, and more anxious and depressed than they were during the Great Depression.
Based on more than 40 years of research and 20 years of professional experience, Positively Resilient will help you discover:
- How any efforts toward personal change can be enhanced using several simple steps
- That being psychologically flexible is critical to thinking through the mountain of information we receive every day
- How to incorporate mindfulness and curiosity into your life
- How our emotions help us to navigate our environment
- Why true support and connection are critical to being resilient.
|Manufacturer:||Blackstone Audio, Inc.|
|Publisher:||Blackstone Audio, Inc.|
|Studio:||Blackstone Audio, Inc.|