Small Signal Audio Design
Mega Sale! Save 28% on the Small Signal Audio Design by imusti at Spring Brook Audio. Hurry! Limited time offer. Offer valid only while supplies last. Learn to use inexpensive and readily available parts to obtain state-of-the-art performance in all the vital parameters of noise, distortion,
Learn to use inexpensive and readily available parts to obtain state-of-the-art performance in all the vital parameters of noise, distortion, crosstalk and so on. With ample coverage of preamplifiers and mixers and a new chapter on headphone amplifiers, this practical handbook provides an extensive repertoire of circuits that can be put together to make almost any type of audio system.
A resource packed full of valuable information, with virtually every page revealing nuggets of specialized knowledge not found elsewhere. Essential points of theory that bear on practical performance are lucidly and thoroughly explained, with the mathematics kept to a relative minimum. Douglas' background in design for manufacture ensures he keeps a wary eye on the cost of things. Includes a chapter on power-supplies, full of practical ways to keep both the ripple and the cost down, showing how to power everything.
Douglas wears his learning lightly, and this book features the engaging prose style familiar to readers of his other books. You will learn why mercury cables are not a good idea, the pitfalls of plating gold on copper, and what quotes from Star Trek have to do with PCB design.
Learn how to:
- make amplifiers with apparently impossibly low noise
- design discrete circuitry that can handle enormous signals with vanishingly low distortion
- use humble low-gain transistors to make an amplifier with an input impedance of more than 50 Megohms
- transform the performance of low-cost-opamps, how to make filters with very low noise and distortion
- make incredibly accurate volume controls
- make a huge variety of audio equalisers
- make magnetic cartridge preamplifiers that have noise so low it is limited by basic physics
- sum, switch, clip, compress, and route audio signals
The second edition is expanded throughout (with added information on new ADCs and DACs, microcontrollers, more coverage of discrete op amp design, and many other topics), and includes a completely new chapter on headphone amplifiers.
|Item Weight:||3 pounds|
|Item Size:||1.76 x 9.25 x 9.25 inches|
|Package Weight:||2.85 pounds|
|Package Size:||7.4 x 1.5 x 1.5 inches|