Advanced Buddhist Teachings with Zen Master Thich Nhat Hanh
The teachings of Buddhism describe two realities: the historical dimension of time, space, and form, and the ultimate dimension, an infinite realm beyond birth and death. The latter is the realm of complete freedom, peace, and joy; and the ground of being called nirvana.
On The Ultimate Dimension, you are invited to sit beside Zen master Thich Nhat Hanh for an advanced dharma retreat that opens the doorway to this sublime experience of being. With him, you will plant the seeds for a daily practice to transform the way you relate to life's difficulties, and begin to unfold your natural state of happiness and wisdom―your Buddha nature.
The Avatamsaka and the Lotus Sutras: Where All Are Fully Awake
With the eyes of a poet and a unique ability to reveal the beauty all around us, there are few better qualified than Thich Nhat Hanh to take us into the depths of two of Buddhism's most beloved texts, the Avatamsaka Sutra and the Lotus Sutra. After a refreshing look at essential Buddhist principles, he paints the wondrous scene of the Avatamsaka, where fragrant flowers bloom in every direction, precious jewels shine in a boundless expanse, and all are awakened in the radiant light of the Buddha.
But how do we enter this marvelous world? Through the experience of interbeing and the interconnectedness of everything that exists, we unlock the reality of the ultimate dimension, teaches Thich Nhat Hanh. This is the promise of the Lotus Sutra, that no matter what tradition we follow, we all share the potential to become fully enlightened for the good of beings everywhere.
In the Ultimate I Dwell
If you touch deeply a single flower, says Thich Nhat Hanh, you touch the whole cosmos, and know what it means to dwell in the ultimate. Now, you have the rare opportunity to join Thich Nhat Hanh for six advanced, in-depth teaching sessions rarely heard outside of Plum Village Monastery. Illuminating the Avatamsaka Sutra's profound insights about impermanence, nonself, and nirvana, he helps you imbue your spiritual practice, your relationships, and all of society with greater understanding and compassion, as you take your first steps in The Ultimate Dimension.
- How to develop bodhichitta, the mind of enlightenment
- The Three Dharma Seals of impermanence, nonself, and nirvana―not doctrine, but practical tools given to you by the Buddha
- The miracle of being there for your loved ones, and the three magic formulas inherent in this skill
- Using the Five Remembrances to transform everyday fears and anxiety into serenity and connection
- Ekayana, the one true vehicle to enlightenment
- How to choose true mind over deluded mind to uncover the wisdom behind right action, consciousness, and mental formations―Buddhism's liberating psychology
- How to prevent the idea of happiness from becoming an obstacle to happiness
- The essential practice of touching what is not wrong
- More than six hours of Thich Nhat Hanh's expert insights about the Avatamsaka Sutra and the Lotus Sutra plus teachings about many other landmark sutras, such as the Diamond Sutra and the Sutra for Knowing the Better Way to Catch a Snake, and much more