A classic developmental skills text for intermediate to advanced students of English, Understanding and Using English Grammar is a comprehensive reference grammar as well as a stimulating and teachable classroom text.
While keeping the same basic approach and material as in earlier editions, the Fourth Edition more fully develops communicative and interactive language-learning activities. Some of the new features are:
- Innovative warm-up exercises that precede the grammar charts and introduce points to be taught
- Structure-based listening exercises ranging from casual speech to academic content
- Academic readings that highlight the targeted grammar structures
- Greatly expanded speaking practice with extensive pair, group and class work
- Corpus-informed syllabus that reflects the discourse patterns of spoken and written English
- Audio CDs and listening script in the back of the Student Book
The program components include the Student Book (Full Edition and Volume A and Volume B), Workbook (Full Edition and Volume A and Volume B), Chartbook, Teacher's Guide, and Test Bank. Click on "Course-Specific Resources" on the left for more details.
|Part Number:||Illustrated; Includes Cd (Audio)|
|MPN:||Illustrated; Includes Cd (Audio)|
|Item Weight:||1.7 pounds|
|Item Size:||0.9 x 9.8 x 9.8 inches|
|Package Weight:||1.7 pounds|
|Package Size:||7.9 x 1 x 1 inches|
Have questions about this item, or would like to inquire about a custom or bulk order?
If you have any questions about this product by Pearson Longman, contact us by completing and submitting the form below. If you are looking for a specif part number, please include it with your message.
By Pearson Education ESL
mpn: illustrations, ean: 9780132942300, isbn: 9780132942300,
Basic English Grammar is a classic developmental skills text for beginning students of English as a second or foreign language. It uses a grammar-based approach integrated with communicative methodologies to prmote the development of all language sk...